Search This Blog

Monday, February 1, 2010

Giddy Up!

Well, I wish I could claim that some crazy glandular problem is causing me to gain weight....I weighed today and the scale read 144.2. THERE, IT'S OUT!

So, in light of that horrible news....I have decided to get in a good work out and begin a fresh start.

Today's workout was interval based and much more challenging than I expected. I ran an easy mile to warm up and then did 15 minutes on the bike in increasingly difficult gears and kept RPMs above 100. Next came the run....I thought this would be the easy part. Well, it wasn't. I ran for 15 minutes with speeds from 6.0-7.5 and varying inclines from 2-6. Man, it was tough running fast on a steep incline. Good news is that my workout burned around 350 calories.

Meals were great today and finished the evening at 1531 calories (69 calories short, not including the additional calories that my work out provides).

I made a wonderfully light turkey noodle soup with some leftover breast meat from a whole turkey my mom cooked yesterday. I also made an organic fruit crisp for dessert, but opted for a 100 calorie fudge bar.

I feel very empowered today...like this is going to be a piece of cake for me. Well, maybe I shouldn't use that phrase as there are no pieces of cake in my future. Peace out.

Another day without Diet Coke; however, I am still not liking the flavor of unsweetened-iced green tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment