Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Wonderful Day

Today's posting is 180 degrees from my last posting. I am down 4.2 (yes, you read that right) pounds and have a renewed energy and patience. My workouts are feeling easier and my runs are getting faster. Not to mention my jeans are fitting better. I am staying focused and choosing to blog instead of snack. Fabulous, huh?

Yesterday I went about 500 calories over my limit, but I ran 7.5 miles early in the morning. Listening to my body is key and not just eating because it's "time to eat." Today I am on track for a successful day.

Tomorrow I get the opportunity to bike Tabatta intervals which are all out sprints for 20 seconds on and 10 seconds off. There are 8 total. So, really it's like 4 minutes of super hard work sandwiched between an nice warm up and cool down. Very exciting! I think I will rise early and get my workout finished before the sun rises. Peace out!

3 comments:

  1. Okay...set me up to lose about fourteen pounds too. It would put me at about 175 which shouldn't be too bad...I know, I need to exercise more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, congratulations, by the way. We've still heard nothing from Katy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now, we've had this discussion before....you can very easily lose more that a pound a week just by dumping the can of Coke. If you cut your 4-5 can of coke a day habit, that is 500 calories a day, which is 3500 calories a week, which is a pound a week! So, if you didn't change anything but that, you could totally do be there is about 3 months. That is an easy solution. If you don't like that solution, then switch to 2 cokes a day and dump the cashews and peppermint patties. The key is to keep you at or near 1900 calories a day. If you exercise that day, reward yourself with something. A good start is to log EVERYTHING you eat. It's a chore, but it helps you to really focus on portion control and the calories coming in (like a serving of ccashews is 1/2 oz and has 120 calories...what does that look like). I'd be willing to set you a plan of sorts if you are willing to make some sacrifices. :) Looking forward to seeing you on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete