Search This Blog

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Weekend

Let me start by reminding all those who read my blog to please make sure you eat a healthy, filling dinner before you go to the Monster Truck Show with 3 boys. Mistake #1....no dinner. Mistake #2....eating a lot of bad popcorn and Skittles (I really don't even like Skittles). However despite my eyes being puffy and joints swollen this morning, I got up early and ran a pleasant 8 miles. So, maybe I negated last night's nasty binge. Today I am on track for a successful day of consuming "good for me foods."I am going to weigh again on Monday in hopes that I am down another pound. The Shape Fitness Program slates me to lose 1 lb every 5 days....bet I'll be down 1 or 1.5. I can feel it!

My workouts have been challenging these last few days. I completed an hour's worth of core and strength training on Thursday morning. Friday, I mixed things up with jump roping , time on the Pilates Reformer for additional stretching and a series of Tabatta invervals on the stationary bike. I feel like my workouts are getting easier and I am gaining strength.

It is often difficult to stay focused and am thankful that I don't have 50 or 100 lbs to lose. I must continually remind myself of my long term goal. Baby steps....

2 comments: