Search This Blog

Friday, January 29, 2010

The Low Down

Last week while soaking in the tub and reading Shape, I made a very delayed New Year's Resolution (it's nearly February). I decided that I am frustrated with my lack of committment to fitness and healthy eating. Inside Shape was an article entitled "Finally, a diet you can stick to and love!" You see, I have a love-hate relationship with food and fitness. I am either on fire, running marathons, training for a 50 mile ultramarathon or eating only vegetarian fare. By the way, it is quite a challenge to be a vegetarian in the Panhandle of Texas, aka "The Beef Capital of the World."



Not only is the Shape diet personality and lifestyle driven, but it had a very realistic caloric intake of 16oo calories a day. This diet stated that one could lose up to 30 pounds before bikini season. Well, I am already a month late beginning the plan and I need to be in the best shape by the middle of May for a hike up to Macchu Picchu along the Inca Trail. I realistically only need to lose 14 pounds and am in decent shape already.



I am going to blog my weight loss, food consumed, exercise, wonderful recipes and musings.....I know this sounds boring, but this is the only way I am going to be able to truly lose the weight. I have many friends who struggle with gaining and losing the same ten pounds or whether to have some sort of plastic surgery to reduce their "problem areas". Well, this is my committment to all that I not going under the knife or the laser. I am going to do this the old fashioned way....hard work and actually consuming less calories than I expend (a novel concept). I am going to follow the Shape diet for the next 4 months and see where it takes me! Maybe I will post a photo or two along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment